We are looking at a VP who can join us to strengthen our Tech Infrastructure, bring out cutting edge Digital Products and be a part of our Journey.
The person will play a critical, embedded part in the continuous development and delivery of our mission-critical business systems. He/she will work with Executive Management to grow the company through technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, the VP Technology will direct all employees in IT/Engineering department to attain the company’s goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
Location to be based in Hyderabad.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Direct the company’s strategic technical direction, development, and future growth.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as Product, Design, and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build and improve B2C Products, Improve SaaS Products
- Develop and support the development of new and existing product features.
- Build new web applications to automate daily operations.
- Develop and adhere closely to development plans and anticipate changes to product specification or schedule as they become necessary during development.
- Solve complicated problems with efficient solutions through coding and analysis.
- Assist with creation of project functional specification documents.
- Experience in developing scalable web and mobile applications.
- Extensive experience with back-end technologies like PHP, Yii, Node.JS, Angular.JS, mobile technologies like Android or iOS and front-end technologies like HTML, CSS, JS, Bootstrap, WordPress etc.
- Strong experience in MySQL or any other relational databases, designing tables, relational structures, writing complex queries and optimizing databases etc.
- Hands-on experience in development & experience with a scalable architecture.
- Experience in managing teams of Sr. engineers, Lead engineers, designers, testers, vendor resources, and coaching, mentoring while maintaining a hands-on role
- Experience working with Product Managers and Interaction Designers
- Work closely with design, operations, engineering and testing teams in an agile environment to launch products and ensure seamless delivery on time.
- Should be able to think through problems in both a quick timeframe as well as a long-term, permanent solution.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Code reviews and optimizations
- Strong in object-oriented programming and well versed with design patterns.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Automation of processes such as deployment, testing etc.
- Experience with PHP Unit or similar test first framework
- API integration
- Experience in Yii or other similar frameworks
- Experience managing development team from third-party vendors
- 10 to 15 years of experience with extensive work done in the above mentioned skills
- Educational & Experience qualifications: M-Tech/MCA /B.Tech/ B.E. in Computer Science/IT from a reputed institute.